Seachem Kanaplex can be used for Ich, Hole-in-the-Head and Velvet. Seachem Metroplex is designed to treat Cloudy Eye, Dropsy, Fin Rot, Hemorrhagic Septicemia Mouth Rot and Popeye.
So, can you use Kanaplex and Metroplex together if your fish is suffering from multiple issues? You can find out in this article at Aquarium Blueprints.
Can you use Kanaplex and Metroplex at the same time?
According to Seachem, you can use Kanaplex and Metroplex simultaneously although mixing the two directly in your aquarium is not ideal as it may end up causing more stress to your pet fish.
If your aquatic pets are suffering from multiple issues, then Seachem recommends using ParaGuard or PolyGuard instead.
How to use Kanaplex with Metroplex
If you would still like to use Kanaplex and Metroplex together, then Seachem recommends soaking one product with fish food and dosing the other directly in your tank water in order to reduce stress for your fish.
We suggest that you soak fish food with Kanaplex as you only need to do so for 1 week by using this method as opposed to feeding Metroplex-infused food, which may take as much as three weeks.
To use both of these products together at the same time, we recommend that you take the following steps:
1. Before you start, make sure you remove any activated carbon from your filtration system as well as turn off any UV filters or ozone filters.
2. You then need to add Metroplex directly to your fish tank.
You can add 1 or two scoops for every 10 gallons or 40 liters of tank water.
3. Next, you need to soak Kanaplex. In order to do so, we recommend using Seachem Focus, which will bind the food to Kanaplex. We also suggest using Seachem Garlic Guard as this will make the medicated food mix smell and taste better for your fish.
To mix Seachem Kanaplex with fish food, you need to do the following:
- Add 1 scoop of Kanaplex in a clean bowl or container.
- Afterwards, you need to add 1 scoop of Seachem Focus.
- Finally add in the fish food. We recommend using either pellets or frozen. You should also make sure that you add enough food. The portion size should be what your fish normally eats within a 1-minute span.
- Next, we recommend using a clean utensil to gently stir the mixture for a few seconds.
- You then need to let the medicated food mixture sit for a few minutes.
- After waiting, you can drop the Kanaplex-soaked food directly to your fish tank.
- Give your fish several minutes to eat as much of the medicated food as they desire.
- Remove any uneaten fish food particles from the tank to prevent them from fouling your tank water.
3. Keep feeding your fish with the Kanaplex-soaked food daily for 7 days.
4. You also need to dose Metroplex every 48 hours for 14 days if you are trying to treat Hole-in–the-Head.
If you are trying to get rid of Ich and/or Velvet, then you need to keep dosing Metroplex every 48 hours for 28 days.
5. Once you are done treating your fish with Kanaplex and Metroplex, add activated carbon to your filter as this chemical filter will help remove these medications from your tank water.
To see how you can use Metroplex with ParaGuard, you can take a look at this post.