The Tetra Whisper Air Pump is designed to pump a lot of air into your fish tank. If you find that the air flow is lower than what you were expecting, then you can take a look at this troubleshooting article at Aquarium Blueprints to see what can be done.
1. The first step we recommend taking it to make sure that the air stone, bubble or filter that is connected to the air pump isn’t clogged up. Otherwise, air will have a hard time coming out of these fish tank tools.
If your air stone, bubble or filter appears to be covered in debris, then we recommend that disconnect from the Tetra Whisper Air Pump and then remove it from the aquarium.
Afterwards, rinse off as much of the debris as possible before you re-reconnect and put the equipment back into the tank.
2. If you are using an air control valve, then you can try turning its knob in order to increase the air flow.
For this guide, we will be using the air control valve that came included with your Tetra Whisper Air Pump, which has been rated for fish tanks of up to 100 gallons. To increase the air flow, we have to turn its knob counter-clockwise.
3. You should also make sure that your airline tubing is securely connected to the air outlet of the Tetra Whisper Air Pump.
Furthermore, the tubing should also be properly plugged to any air control valve, T-Valve and check valve.
Of course, the airline tubing should also secure connected to the air stone, bubble or filter as well.
If there are any openings in the connection, then the air flow could easily leak out before it gets to your tank water.
4. Avoid using airline tubing that have any visible cracks as air may leak through these small opening, resulting in lower air output to your aquarium.
5. You should ensure that your airline isn’t pinched in.
We liked to put our Tetra Whisper Air Pump in a small cabinet in order to reduce its noise levels. By doing so, we will leave a small opening so that the airline tubing won’t get pinched.
Otherwise, air flow to the tank will be restricted.
6. Make sure that you set up your is properly setup in your tank. To find out how you can properly install this aquarium equipment, we recommend that you take a look at this tutorial.
You can also check out our general troubleshooting guide, which you can find with this link, to see what you can do if the Tetra Whisper Air Pump is not working as advertised.