Aquavitro Seed can be used with Seachem Prime for fish-in cycling or trying to decrease ammonia, nitrites and nitrates in your tank. To see how you can utilize these two products to make your fish tank water safe, you can take a look at this tutorial at Aquarium Blueprints.
How to use Aquavitro Seed with Seachem Prime for fish-in cycling
In order to use Aquavitro Seed with Seachem Prime for fish-in cycling, you need to take the following steps:
1. To start off, set up your fish tank and fill it with water if you haven’t done so already.
2. Make sure you aren’t using UV or ozone equipment.
3. Next, we recommend that you dose Seachem Prime.
According to the official instructions, you should add 5 mL for every 50 gallons or 200 liters of tank water.
4. Afterwards, you need to dose Aquavitro Seed.
The official instructions for Seed recommend that you add 5 mL of the product for every 10 gallons or 40 liters of tank water. Make sure you shake the bottle well to mix up the solution before dosing it in your tank.
5. You can now add your pet fish to the tank.
6. Over the following six days, you need to dose Seachem Prime (at a rate of 5 mL for every 50 gallons or 200 liters of tank water) and then Aquavitro Seed (at a rate of 2.5 mL for every 10 gallons or 40 liters of tank water).
7. On the eighth day, we recommend testing your tank water for ammonia, nitrites and nitrates.
If ammonia and/or nitrites have a concentration of more than 0 ppm, then you need to keep dosing Prime and Seed daily until the test kit shows that neither of these toxic compounds are present in the tank water.
If you have nitrates above 20 ppm, then we recommend doing a partial water change to bring it back to safer levels.
8. Once your tank water shows 0 ppm of ammonia, 0 ppm of nitrites and less than 20 ppm of nitrates, then your aquarium should be fully cycled.
How to use Aquavitro Seed with Seachem Prime to reduce ammonia, nitrites and nitrates
If you have an established fish tank that is suffering from ammonia, nitrite and/or nitrate spikes, then you can take the following steps using these two products:
1. To begin, make sure you turn off any UV or ozone equipment is your tank.
2. You then need to do a partial water change of no more than 20%. Start by taking water out of the tank.
3. Next, we recommend dosing Seachem Prime directly into the tank.
You should add 5 mL of Prime for every 50 gallons or 200 liters of tank water that your aquarium is capable of holding.
4. Afterwards, you need to add Aquavitro Seed.
For Seed, you should dose 2.5 mL for every 10 gallons or 40 liters of tank water.
5. Refill your aquarium with new water.
6. Repeat these steps daily until your test kit shows that the tank water has 0 ppm of ammonia, 0 ppm of nitrites and less than 20 ppm of nitrates.
To see how you can use Seachem Prime together with Seachem Stability, you can check out this article.