You can use API General Cure to treat various infections, which include fish lice, gill flukes, hole-in-the-head, skin flukes and velvet. So, is it safe to use this treatment product along with aquarium salt?
You can find out in this guide at Aquarium Blueprints.
Can you use salt with API General Cure?
According to API, you will be able to safely use aquarium salt together with API General Cure. Doing so will help destress your fish in addition to helping them maintain the salt and water balance on their internal organs.
What salt is compatible with API General Cure?
According to API, you can use their own branded aquarium salt. If you are interested, you can purchase the General Cure compatible product on Amazon with the following link:
How to use API Aquarium Salt with API General Cure
In order to use API Aquarium Salt with the API General Cure, we recommend taking the following steps:
1, To start off, add API Aquarium Salt in your tank water.
In order to do so, you need to dose around 5 mL of salt for every 5 gallons (or 19 liters) of water in your aquarium.
2. Next, you need to add General Cure.
If you have the packets version of the product, then you need to add 1 packet for every 10 gallons or 38 liters of tank water.
If you bought the bulk container, then you need to add 5 mL for every 20 gallons or 75 liters of tank water.
You can take a look at this dosage calculations guide for General Cure to find more information.
3. After dosing both APU Aquarium Salt and API General Cure, you need to wait for 48 hours.
4. After waiting 48 hours since adding General Cure, you then need to add more of the powder.
You should be doing the same amount as we mentioned in Step #2.
5. After the second dose of General Cure, you then need to wait for another 48 hours
6. After 48 hours have passed, you need to add activated carbon to you filter. This will absorb General Cure.
7. You also need to go a 25 percent water change. Doing so will help dilute API Aquarium Salt and API General Cure.
With activated carbon and water changes, both the salt and the treatment will eventually be removed from your tank water over time.
To find out how you can use API General Cure together with API Melafix, you can take a look at this article.